Tenant Frequently Asked Questions
Do you accept housing vouchers?PG Management Group, LLC does not accept Section 8/HUD VASH/HUD Vouchers
What is the application fee?
Non-Refundable $65 Application Fee
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Occupancy is without regard to age, however, all occupants at least 18 years of age will be held financially responsible and therefore, must be listed as leaseholders and complete the application process.
How long does the application process take?The Application Process may take up to 2-4 Business days to come back. We will notify you as soon as your application has been fully processed. Applications may be stored and re-used within 30 days of management’s receipt. If after 30 days, applicants choose a home, they will be required to re-start the application process.
Do you allow pets?
The rental listing will specify if pets are allowed. Minimum of a $250 non-refundable pet fee per approved pet, plus any applicable monthly pet fees depending on your “Paw Score”. Special Consideration is given to dogs that assist tenants with special medical needs, provided medical documentation is submitted.
NOTICE TO ALL RESIDENTS & APPLICANTS: Everyone must complete the screening process. This is not only for pet and animal owners but also for residents and applicants that DO NOT own a pet or animal.
Pet Screening will be required for any and all petsSCREEN MY PET NOW
$20 (non-refundable) for your first pet
$10 (non-refundable) for each additional pet
$0 for service animals
$0 for no pets affidavit
Do you take multiple applications?Please understand that we may receive multiple applications on our properties. The screening process starts as soon as we receive your rental application, and you may lose out if you do not provide/upload the required documentation (in the required format) with your submitted application. We process all submitted applications in order to select the most qualified applicant.
What documentation is required to apply?
Verification of Identity
Valid government issued photo identification must be presented at application submission. Acceptable forms of identification include a government issued passport, state issued driver’s license or identification card, or a United States Military ID. (CLEAR PHOTO is ok...DO NOT FAX) All applicants must provide proof of a valid Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number.
Verifiable Income Verification of Income
Income must be verifiable, legitimate, and full copy sent. (DO NOT SEND SCREENSHOTS OR PHOTOS) Income must be greater than or equal than 3 times the monthly rent. Proof of income in the form of 1 months worth of recent paystubs or other income statements covering the last 6 months of income must be submitted The total household gross income must be at least three times the amount of one month’s rent.
Applicants who hold jobs that are commission based only; base salary plus commission, tips or bonuses; are considered self-employed. Self employed applicants will need to submit the previous year’s tax returns, the previous two months personal bank statements and any other evidence of financial ability to pay.
- Pay Stubs: Primary proof of income for any W-2 employees
- Tax Returns: Primary proof of income for self-employed small business owners
- Bank Statements: Secondary documents used to corroborate pay stubs, tax returns, or Social Security benefits, would need last 2 bank statements
- Letter from Employer: Secondary documentation used with W-2 employee pay stubs
- Profit and Loss Statement: Secondary proof of income for self-employed tenants
- Social Security Benefits Statement: Primary proof of income for retirees
- Court Ordered Agreement: Primary proof of income for those collecting alimony or similar payments
What about background and credit checks?
Yes, we process a credit report, a nationwide eviction report, a nationwide criminal history background check.
CREDIT REPORT | NATIONWIDE EVICTION | NATIONWIDE CRIMINAL HISTORY
- Review of Denial for Criminal Convictions within the last 7 years (see more info below)
- No Prior Evictions within the last 3 years)
- Satisfactory rental history with current or previous landlords
- Credit score 600+ (scores below 600 may still be considered and entertained)
- Gross Monthly Income equal to least 3x the monthly rent
- No Unpaid Utilities or Utility Service in Collections
- Landlords and managers who use criminal background checks as part of the tenant screening process may reject an applicant with a criminal record that shows any of the following below*
*Criminal Convictions within the last 7 years:
- Conviction of crimes involving the manufacture, sale or distribution of controlled substances
- Conviction of crimes involving intentional damage of property or bodily harm
- Conviction of crimes involving solicitation or prostitution (sexual related offenses) within any period of time
Is smoking allowed?All PGMG Properties are SMOKE FREE and VAPE and E-CIGARETTE FREE
No Smoking, Vaping, or E-Cigarettes are allowed in any of our rental properties.
Different vaping and e-cigarette products have variety of smells that may or may not leave a clingy smell in the property and glycerin and oils with particles that are made up of chemicals, flavoring, and preservatives that may settle on surfaces attracting dirt, leaving a dirty and oily residue that is much harder to clean.
Do you require Renter’s Insurance?
Yes, Renter's Insurance is Required
Tenant will be required to obtain and maintain throughout the term of tenancy a renter’s insurance policy and to promptly provide PGMG a copy within 30 days of lease activation with PG Management Group, LLC listed as additionally insured. In addition to coverage for damage or loss to Tenant’s personal property in such amount as Tenant may determine, the policy shall include coverage for bodily injury, and property damage for which Tenant may be liable such as fire, smoke, explosion, backup or overflow of sewer, drain or sump, and water damage, in the amount of $100.000.
Tenants are automatically enrolled in our Tenant Liability Insurance Program for $11.50/mth, however, this does not cover Tenant's personal property.
How will I know if my application has been approved?
Approved applicants will receive an OFFICIAL NOTICE APPROVAL email from PGMG with an attached Offical Notice of Approval. That approval will consist of the amount to Reserve the property (based upon your application screening) along with additinal information. The Official Notice of Approval will need to be signed by all parties and returned to PGMG along with the Net Due to Reserve the Property, as this will be considered your acceptance.
All leases will have a Leasing Preparation | Admin Fee of $100
The property will continue to be shown until the property has been propertly reserved by the approved applicant.
How long will you hold a property?
We are able to hold a property up to 30 days with an approved application, signed Official Notice of Approval and Holding Deposit Paid within 24 hours of application approval.
What if I have been a victim of Identity Theft?
We understand that because of the massive potential for identity theft, many consumers place a freeze on their credit report. With a freeze, potential creditors are unable to access someone’s report without the consumer removing it temporarily.
This prevents anyone from opening a line of credit with that information, including identity thieves. However, it also prevents us from accessing the information we need to process applicants. If you have a FREEZE on your credit report, please make sure you lift the freeze temporarily so that we can process your rental application
I want to move out, but my roommate wants to stay. What do I do?We understand that sometimes roommate situations change. Please email us for additional information as this would be addressed on a case by case basis.
My lease expiration is coming and I want to move out. What do I do?You must provide a written notice to PG Management Group, LLC and your last day must be the last day of the calendar month. For Example, if you lease ends on March 31 and you intend to not renew your lease, you must provide written notice to PGMG no later than March 1. All move out notices shall end on the last day of the month.
What is your Resident Benefit Package?Our Resident Benefit Package includes the following:
- $100,000 Resident Liability Insurance Coverage Provided under the PG Management Group, LLC Master Insurance Policy by Appfolio. Residents are covered for up to $100,000 liability (covered losses include fire, smoke, explosion, water damage, backup or overflow of sewer, drain or sump, falling objects, riot, or civil commotion) This is not renter's insurance, however, will compensate for insurance coverage per the lease requirements.
- No Additional Charges for Rental Payment Options such as the ability to pay in CASH at a Pay Near Me Location (transaction fee not included), In-Person, ACH, or Check. Residents simply pay their rent plus the $30/mth* for the Resident Benefit Package. (Credit/Debit Cards will incur additional convenience fees at the time of payment online)
- Resident Portal for Submitting Maintenance Requests, Payment Options, Electronic Statements, and Mobile App.
- Utility Reduction & Maintenance Program. Residents will receive air filter delivered to their door every 90 days.
- Free Credit Reporting for All Rental Payments made during this lease to TransUnion and Equifax.
- Identity Theft Protection. The identity theft protection, powered by IDExperts, protects residents from all types of identity theft, including financial, medical, employment, Social Security and more. It covers up to 3 occupants within a property, including dependants up to age 26, with alert-based identity monitoring, fully-managed identity recovery services and $1 Million of reimbursement insurance.
- One Time Late Fee Forgiveness. PG Management Group, LLC will grant a one-time waiver of a late fee.
- One-Time Returned Payment Fee Forgiveness. PG Management Group, LLC will grant a one-time waiver of a returned ACH or Check payment fee.
- Utility Concierge Setup Service PG Management Group will have a utilities concierge service reach out to you and assist in having all of your utilities connected prior to your moving in to your rental home.
- Regular Property Visits Throughout the year we will schedule property visits for us to come check on the property and make sure you are doing okay and fee if there is anything in particular that you may need that you may not have already asked and to keep the owner updated on the property condition.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I opt out of this Resident Benefits Package?
No. PG Management Group, LLC is providing the Resident Benefits Package to all Residents. Residents receive the benefits of the coverage without additional applications, credit checks, or billing.
What if I have my own Renters Insurance coverage?
The Resident Benefits Package will apply to all properties and residents under the PG Management Group, LLC Master Policy by Appfolio. You may always carry any additional insurance coverage of your choosing.
The additional fee is $30/mth for a single resident. Please add an additional $5 for each additional resident 18 years of age and over.